Now, what to do to fix this?
Well, my first thought was the old stand by of soda/glue mix. However, this was too big a space to fill and I had to be sure the break was fully secured and the bubble filled. So, I started with pulling the two sections apart a bit and removing the hanging part seen in the bottom right photo leaving an opening for me to work inside the tail.
I began the process by pushing the two parts back together and used super glue to secure the two parts. Then, I added a layer of baking soda/super glue and let that dry completely. The repair felt good but I thought it best to fill the entire area with epoxy putty. It would keep the wire inside in place and fully fill the bubble.
Looks pretty good now!
In time, I hope this repair will remain secure. Feel free to use this should you come across a similar situation.